They're not dangerous to eat but they don't have the same care and attention paid. Opt for a pizza or other non-traditional Moroccan food or risk being disappointed with your meal. Be careful eating at the food stalls in Djem al Fna.
Is food in Morocco safe to eat?
But Moroccan food is normally freshly prepared of really good ingredients, so there shouldn't be any risk. The biggest problem is often the lack of personal hygiene practiced by 'westerners' who rarely wash their hands before using them to pass food to their mouths….
Is it safe to eat street food in Marrakech?
Should you eat salad in Morocco?
At every meal that you eat, there will be salad, whether it comes as a sort of first course before the main meal or is served with the main meal on little plates. They are loaded with spices and are all very flavorful. Some people have said that they could live on Moroccan salads alone during their trip to Morocco!
What to skip in Marrakech?
What Not to Do in Marrakech: 15 Marrakech Tips
- Don't Stay Outside of the Medina.
- Don't Book a Hotel (Book a Riad Instead!)
- Don't Drink Tap Water in Marrakech.
- Don't Forget to Wander the Medina.
- Don't Accept Unsolicited Help or Directions.
- Don't Be Afraid to Speak Up.
- Don't Engage in Animal Tourism.